7.29.2010

Why am I a 70 year old "old maid" trapped in a 20-something's body?

Capitalizing on My Youth

For the past year my closest amigo and I have been hell bent on 'capitalizing' on our youth while we've still got it. 4 years of college living....okay 5 years but who's counting.















...After 4 years of the college lifestyle my amigo and I were exhausted. It's tough going out every weekend and consuming adult beverages like a fish breaths water...but somebody's gotta do it. So we spent our 5th year of college sitting in our apartment watching Grey's Anatomy reruns and drinking wine. It was THE LIFE!


I got use to that couch-potato lifestyle and enjoyed coming home after work and being antisocial. Buttttttt, apparently I'm 22 and should get off my bootay and meet some people before the true realities of old age sink in, and heaven forbid I'm stuck in some awful 9-5 job and have....Lord help me....3-4 1/2 children. Yuck!






















(ps the caption on this photo read, "To reproduce or not to reproduce. That is the question" How perfect. I'm sure this questions slaps young marrieds in the face all over the world once their first kid cries through an entire night.)
Anyhow...
Today, like so many days before, the inner AARP member living deep in my soul refused to be hidden away any longer. I went to the beach by myself and read a book. Now I am missing dinner and drinks with 3 of my good friends....





...to sit on my sister's couch and continue to read my book. Only stopping to bathe and take in the smell of the sweet summer air. I'm pretty sure all I need now are 18 cats and I'm officially
old and creepy.




I guess it would be fair to say these moments of old cat lady-ness only come from time to time when I've been on the go go go but....

Sustaining what Little Youth I have Left

I have been sustaining youth, or more accurately regaining the youth I have left... by yogging (soft "j") with "Running Off the Reese's" (my fabulous blogger friend).



I'm very proud of myself. Just two weeks ago I couldn't run a mile without thinking my old cat lady heart was going to come out of my chest.



Part of that may have had something to do with the heat index being above 90....or so Running Off the Reese's claims...she's so nice to make excuses for me so I feel better about my horrible yogging abilities.



Anyhow. We have decided we shall run a 1/2 marathon in October. If I die mid-October...you now know the cause of death even before the ambulance gets to me.



The race begins with a 1 mile run over a bridge....that has a very....steep....incline. This may not look like much of an incline to you, but to me, it looks like Hell.






My goals are:
1) Don't puke and

2) Don't die.
We shall see what happens.

Today's Goal: Yog 4 miles

Today's Obsession: Memoirs According to Kathy Griffin







No comments:

Post a Comment