9.25.2010

Me and Usha have Confessions

Confessions...Part 1
Like Usher, I too, have a confession...but I will spare you my awful song-writing skills and just tell you what my closet-skeleton of the week is.


I have an entire bookshelf full of books I haven't read, have started reading and not finished or have been given and I haven't even touched for weeks, months and years. I was recently told I just HAD to read the book, of course I don't remember what it was called...so I can't tell you. But I responded to the comment that I had about 6 books I had to finish reading before I bought a new one.

I have been bad.

After meeting with my boss at good old Barnes & Noble, I stumbled upon 2 books I just couldn't live without. So I added them to my collection of must-reads yesterday!



And...



I'm so excited to read them!!

More Social Cues...or the lack thereof
Today was a fabulous day-off at the beach with "Running Off the Reese's," mimosas and a good book...I'm officially finishing 1 book at a time from my collection of "untouched" libros. Wish me luck!

So we pull up onto the beach, next to some awkward college newbies. 3 girls, 3 boys, 1 big ocean to separate them...even though they all rode together, the se
xes parted the minute they all got their feet wet. Why? I'm still curious myself. I really wanted to go up and ask the guys why they weren't communicating with the girls, but I was advised against it. We're pretty sure the breakdown is the following:

1 boy & 1 girl like each other. They each say "lets go to the beach, oh and I'll bring my friends".

1 boy & 1 girl each bring 2 friends for social back-up. The friends of the opposite sex are awkward, don't really like each other and are equally let down by the phy
sical appearance of the other.

Solution:




Official drink of the poor college student and fast awkward air breaker for those of the opposite sex.

What I Learned Today: that I am an old lady at heart. My beach buddy and I ended up moving down the sand do to loud, hang-banging music played by the awkward group next to us. I think they were trying to kill the awkward turtle in the room by blaring loud music to stop any possible chance of awkward conversation...I am officially old.

No comments:

Post a Comment