Chardonney + Creepy Businessmen in 1 airport=Trouble

Starting my Day off on the Right Foot
To say the least, this week has been a rough one. I've been fretting so much about this HESI exam that I've put myself into a frenzy of stress and I've been sleeping terribly. So this morning I woke up from a peaceful slumber in my cousin's house in Austin. I didn't realize that I had been starting each day off this past week on the wrong foot...

AKA: the left foot...until I woke up this morning and started my day off on the "right" foot.

Hahaha....if you don't understand my humor I'm conveying it's because I'm a little loco from sitting in an airport for 2 hours trying to entertain myself.

So I decided, regardless of how the HESI exam went, I was going to be happy about it and be grateful I get to be in the mountains as of August 9th at 11:00 p.m., mountain time.

Today I conquered my biggest fear of the week, the HESI entrance exam for nursing school. I woke up at 7:00 a.m. for my 8 a.m. exam and just decided....whatever happens, happens. Turns out the cramming I did with the HESI exam study guide paid off the last 3-4 weeks and I scored above average on all sections.

I have honestly never breathed a heavier sigh of relief than when I left that exam center knowing I had tested well. Wow. I am a true nerd who's entire life can be effected by grades...kind of pitiful.

Creepy Businessmen at your 7-o-clock
I don't know about you, but I LOVE sitting in the airport restaurant with drunk old businessmen who are plowing through whiskey to kill time between their flights. And I'm really not sure what about it, but they loveeeee to say hello me!

I don't fly well. The thought of climbing into a cylinder and being skyrocketed through the air is just not a smart idea to me.

I'm not too sure why, but the past 3 years I have been absolutely TERRIFIED to fly. I grew up flying to Montana to see family and never had any issues, except getting a little sick while on board. So naturally when I'm trying to calm down before my flight and old men start annoying me, it doesn't help my mind set.

I ended up changing restaurants for a snack and adult beverage, then hopping on my flight. I slept for 2 hours of the 2.5 hour flight from Austin, Texas to Salt Lake City, Utah. That is a good flight...one I can't remember because I wasn't awake!

And I'll just say, I have absolutely NO remorse for the girl who sat next to me who undoubtedly had to listen to me snore while she read her "working well in groups" workshop on her Dell. Nor do I feel sorry at all that I was probably drooling. She could have had it SO much worse. I could have been having a panic attack and literally clinging to her arm and praying that our flight doesn't do the unthinkable.

I arrived safely in Kalispell without having a panic attack...or killing the 1 year old child who sat in front of me and played peak-a-boo!

No comments:

Post a Comment