8.29.2010

Mold in Humid Places

Where Does Mold Grow?
According to eHow.com
"When these [mold] spores settle in and find their selves a nice warm, moist spot they will begin to feed and germinate, causing even bigger and deadlier health problems.

Read more: How Does Mold Grow? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4564052_mold-grow.html#ixzz0y2osZuSo"

Guess who has Mold in the House?
This girl!!!

After living at The Shores apartments, in Corpus Christi, Texas, for 2 months, mold has started growing on my walls in the laundry room. Apparently while I was in Montana the neighbor above me moved out and took his washer and dryer with him. After he left, water leaked into my apartment, directly below, and accumulated standing water for over 24 hours. I notified the apartment office immediately.

One week later, I have mold growing. No worries. I have taken pictures and kept proper documentation so when my lungs begin to swell and respiratory distress sets in, there will be proof of mold infection...I am counting on you, reader, to dig through my mold-ridden apartment and find this documentation and turn it into the authorities.

Lol...Okay. I totally know I'm being dramatic, but I'm just SO frustrated right now. This all could have been avoided if proper upkeep of the apartment was maintained.

Now What?
Now. I finish my at-home mold test and let it sit for 48 hours so I can get an accurate mold count.

Wish me luck!

Today's Goal: Get a good night's sleep

Today's Obsession: Acquiring an accurate mold count!


No comments:

Post a Comment